What I'm Reading

Sunday, April 01, 2007

random thoughts at 7:30 a.m.

It's unclear if this is particularly good news, but it certainly can't be bad news that the WTO ruled against the U.S. regarding the online poker ban. I doubt it means much of anything, but hopes are high.

I've been on the night-shift schedule since Tuesday. I'm working Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night, and then again next Sunday. I hate admitting it, but it's definitely having some effect on me. Timewise, it's roughly early evening for me right now, but I'm exhausted right now. I've also had little to no social interaction the past few nights. It's a little sad.

Anyways, tomorrow night I'm working for 12 hours, but from about 11 til 6, everyone will be asleep, so I plan on spending that time watching copious amounts of cardrunners videos.

I haven't played any long sessions the past week or so, which is atypical for me. I've also only played SNG's the last two nights. I've actually done very well in them, although I've run really well, too. I played four tonight, taking down three of them. Not too shabby.

I feel like I'm playing much better in SNGs after having watched a couple Green Plastic videos. I've slowed down a lot short-handed, not trying to steal so often. That's something that I think has cost me a lot in the past. Clearly, it still has to be in the arsenal, but I've slowed down a lot. In the past, I had a tendency to either build up really high, or bust out relatively early in the SNG. These past few days, though, I've played much more solid (which is the direction that my game's been evolving towards, strangely, when you compare to how LAGgy I used to play) and chipping away at the smaller pots when possible.

Of course, the biggest factor was just running lucky, or more specifically, not getting UNlucky. Almost all of my all-in confrontations held up today, and even if I'm getting it in as a dominating favorite, it feels good to see the chips pushed in my direction instead of my opponent's after the river hits the board.

Okay, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also have a tough time slowing down short handed in SNG, good to see someelse is in that boat... GL

Brandonscimeca